With the arrival of COVID-19 in our community, we are committed at Housing Cambridge to providing the best possible service in a responsible manner during these difficult times.
For local updates from the Region of Waterloo Public Health Unit on COVID-19 subscribe to the following web page: www.regionofwaterloo.ca/COVID19
How can you assist during this time?
- Check in on a neighbour (by phone, Duo, Facetime, Skype)
- Wash your hands
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay home if at all possible and definitely when you are sick
- Cover your cough/sneeze
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surface
- Practice Social Distancing
- Wear a mask when in public or in situations when maintaining a 2 meter distance is difficult
Please note: all our community common rooms will be closed to social gatherings until further notice. Laundry card loaders can still be used. Playgrounds are not to be used until further notice.
Maintenance Request during COVID 19
In order to support efforts to flatten the curve, we are now only responding to maintenance emergencies using available contractors to complete the work. Non-essential repairs will be put on hold in order to minimize risk to all concerned. Please be aware that staff/contractors will be asking a series of questions before entering a unit to both ensure your safety and that of Housing Cambridge staff and contractors.
You can either
- Contact Housing Cambridge during normal working hours 519-650-5599 ext. 222
- Complete an on-line service request: http://www.housingcambridge.com/property-maintenance/
- Call the emergency maintenance number after hours/weekends at 519-650-4759 (please review list of items that constitutes after hours/week-end emergencies at http://www.housingcambridge.com/after-hours-emergency-maintenance)
For more details on maintenance requests, please refer to Update #4 .
Other Processes, Services and Resources
For rent payment options during COVID-19, please read Update #2 and Update #5. Please note that our office is now closed to walk-in visits. You can read the Update #3 to learn how to access all of our services during this closure. Update #6 provides links to a variety of personal supports that can be helpful as we learn to cope with the changes brought on by this pandemic.
Update #7 (Cambridge) and Update #7 (Kitchener) - revised of April 16, 2020 - focus on a list of income and food supports that residents should be aware of as we navigate through this crisis. Update #8 provides a summary of the previous seven updates. Update #9 offers details on eligibility and how to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB). Update #10 provides an outline of our plans for re-opening when the time comes. Update #11 identifies things we should keep in mind as Ontario begins to re-open.
Finally we have provided a link to the Region of Waterloo Community Services COVID-19 Services bulletin and Resources for Older Adults, as provided by the Cambridge Council on Aging.
Housing Cambridge is doing what it can to support a much larger effort to limit the spread of this virus. We all have a role to play in keeping ourselves, our families and our neighbours healthy. These are uncharted waters for all of us and we at Housing Cambridge will continue to adjust our response as the situation evolves in the coming days and weeks.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us. And please, do take care.