Updated June 10, 2021
With the arrival of COVID-19 in our community, we are committed at Housing Cambridge to providing the best possible service in a responsible manner during these difficult times.
For local updates from the Region of Waterloo Public Health Unit on COVID-19 subscribe to the following web page: www.regionofwaterloo.ca/COVID19
How can you assist during this time?
- Wash your hands often or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay home if at all possible and definitely when you are sick
- Keep at least a 2-metre distance from anyone not in your social circle
- Wear a mask when in enclosed public spaces (including in hallways and common areas of apartment buildings) and outdoors in public when maintaining a 2-meter distance is difficult*
- Check in on a neighbour (by phone or virtually)
* With the arrival of new variants in the Region it is recommended that you consider upgrading your mask (ie: N95, CN95, KN95, KF94) or double masking while ensuring proper fit and breathability.
- PLEASE NOTE: all our community common rooms are now closed to gatherings. Laundry card loaders can still be used. Outdoor terraces, patios and playgrounds are subject to public health protocols (please note that our playgrounds will not be sanitized).
- ALSO NOTE: effective September 1, 2020 all persons, including residents, guests, visitors, staff, volunteers, and service providers, are required to wear a mask/face covering in all indoor (enclosed) common areas of our buildings as per Regional Bylaw 20-035.
Maintenance Request during COVID 19
In order to avoid community spread, we are limiting unit entry to life safety equipment repairs, no-heat calls and maintenance emergencies using available contractors to complete the work. Please be aware that staff/contractors will be asking a series of questions before entering a unit to ensure the safety of all concerned. Residents continue to have the option of declining non-essential maintenance work if that is your preference.
To submit a maintenance request, you can either:
- Contact Housing Cambridge during normal working hours call 519-650-5599 ext. 222 or email email@example.com.
- Complete an on-line service request: http://www.housingcambridge.com/property-maintenance/
- Call the emergency maintenance number after hours/weekends at 519-650-4759 (please review list of items that constitutes after hours/week-end emergencies at http://www.housingcambridge.com/after-hours-emergency-maintenance)
Other Processes, Services and Resources
Update #3 provides details of our office closure. Please note that our office is now closed to walk-in visits. For rent payment options during COVID-19, please follow the Update #2 and Update #5 link. Update #6 provides information on a variety of personal supports that can be helpful as we learn to cope with the changes brought on by this pandemic.
Update #7 (Cambridge) and Update #7 (Kitchener) - revised February, 2021 - focus on a list of income and food supports that residents should be aware of as we navigate through this crisis. Update #17 provides an overview of the Housing Cambridge COVID Response Plan. Update #18 provides information about the face covering by-law and the proper use of masks. Update #23 includes information on COVID-19 variants and additional precautions. Update #27 outlines the application process for the Waterloo Region Safe Voluntary Isolation Site (for people who cannot safely isolate at home). Update #28 provides and overview of Ontario’s Safe Re-Opening Plan which begins June 11, 2021.
Finally we have provided a link to the Region of Waterloo Community Services COVID-19 Services bulletin and Resources for Older Adults, as provided by the Cambridge Council on Aging.
Housing Cambridge is doing what it can to support a much larger effort to limit the spread of this virus and to gradually and safely re-open when the time is right. We all have a role to play in keeping ourselves, our families and our neighbours healthy. These are uncharted waters for all of us and we at Housing Cambridge will continue to adjust our response as the situation evolves in the coming days and weeks.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us. And please, do take care.