Types of maintenance
EMERGENCY Maintenance: Phone 519-650-4759 (Response time is within 24 hours)
What constitutes an after hours/week-end emergency maintenance?
Fire – call 911
Gas leak – call 911
Flood (leaking plumbing fixtures are not floods)
Lock out (not if key has been forgotten somewhere or if it is a convience call)
No Electricity in whole unit (one or two outlets or fixtures can wait until the next business day)
No Heat (between the months of September – June)
No Hot Water
Refrigerator no longer working
Major roof leaks, which could cause ceiling to collapse
Toilets clogged (if only one toilet in unit)
Smoke detector malfunction
Non-Emergency calls will be handled on a priority basis. Examples of these are:
- Dripping taps
- Bathroom fan
- A/C not working
- Laundry facilities not working
- Oven element replacement
- Clogged drains or dripping drain pipes
- Closet door repairs
- Damaged screens
- Drywall repairs
- Cosmetic problems
- Noisy neighbours
- Skunks or other wildlife on property
- Behavioural problems
It is advisable to contact the office upon discovery of a problem as early in the morning as possible.
Urgent calls received late in the day/or late Friday afternoon cannot be addressed until the next business day.
- Housing Cambridge strives to maintain a good level of service and looks forward to consideration and co-operation from all tenants.
- Housing Cambridge relies on sub-contractors for some repairs and does not have staff on call 24 hours, therefore, please make arrangements for someone to be in the unit or give permission to enter when a repair is required.